Wedding photography can involve almost every aspect of photography, from architectural snapping to portrait skills, which is why it is essential to have a range of lenses to deliver high quality across the board.
Taking Bournemouth wedding photography as an example, the photographer may need lenses suitable for panoramic seaside shots, as well as lenses for reception interiors and portraits.
Here is a list of six lenses that should work well for all occasions. These are Canon lenses but equivalent options from other brands are also available.
Top six lens choices
1. The 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens is the perfect choice to get up close and personal on intimate moments, such as the exchange of rings, without intruding on the occasion. At f2.8, it can create a perfect blur (bokeh) and it’s great for capturing candids. This makes it a fantastic all-rounder.
- Bournemouth Wedding photographer such as those at http://www.nickrutterphotography.co.uk may often be called on to produce natural looking shots, even when the light starts to fade, and this is where the 50mm f/1.2 comes into its own.
This is the lens to choose if you’re planning on taking some outside dancing shots or want to add a little romantic moonlit action to the bride and groom’s album.
3. The 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is the choice for smaller spaces, where moving around may be an issue. These days weddings are held in a huge variety of locations, from capsules at the London Eye to living rooms, making flexibility in smaller spaces essential.
The detail is in the choice
4. The 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM is perfect for capturing exceptionally fine details. It can be the ideal accompaniment to a little creativity and lighting when taking wedding ring shots and capturing other magical moments that brides and grooms will want to remember in all their detailed glory.
5. The 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM is an Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens that is ideal for setting the scene, whether you are capturing a wedding at a sumptuous National Trust property or snapping the happy couple on a Bournemouth beach.
6. The 85mm f1.2L II USM is an unrivalled choice for fans of the perfect bokeh and is a popular choice amongst wedding photographs who practice a multitude of different styles.